Yesterday, I bought a new Acer Aspire notebook and installed Windows 7. The problem with “Acer + Windows 7” is that, the drivers (for windows 7 ultimate) are not installed and available with the CD packed with the laptop.
So, this post is dedicated to all the people suffering with Acer Driver problems. Acer has a dedicated support page from which we can download all the drivers for the laptop. I’ve listed the some important drivers required to run windows smoothly on the new laptop.
Couple of things to start with…
- Install the windows operating system of your choice on the laptop (if windows OS is packed with the laptop even better, coz you won’t be facing any of these driver issues)….
- Visit the Acer support site –> Select your laptop model
- After selecting the model of your laptop, choose carefully the operating system (Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- Download the drivers, install and you’re all setup.
If you’ve chosen the right drivers, then all your system hardware should be working fine and you’re good to go. Here are some drivers that you need to run a smooth system with windows 7 ultimate.
- Web cam drivers
- Fingerprint reader drivers (about 100mb)
These are the basic drivers that you might need. If this stuff is too geeky for you, you can probably call the Acer support on 1-800-11-6677…. Hope all this info helps!!!
p.s this is my first post from my new laptop