A domain name is an identification label that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority, or control in the Internet, based on the Domain Name System (DNS).
But there is huge money in the Domain name registration field and as we talk, thousands and millions of domains are registered every day. Let’s find out the most expensive domain names of all times.
The domain name insure.com, the domain name was sold in 2009 for a whooping transaction price of 16 million U.S. dollars. A company called QuintStreet bought the domain auction by bidding the highest price, more than sex.com. The site now offers life insurance, auto insurance and health insurance and other insurance policies sold.
sex.com ranked second in the list, the domain name was sold in 2006, and the traded price was about 14 million U.S. dollars. This domain was brought by the well-known dating site match.com founder Gary Kremen in 1994. The domain auction in 2006, were the highest price at that time in the history. porn.com ranked fourth in 2007 was sold for about 950 million U.S. dollars. Ranked ninth is casino.com, which was sold in 2003 for about 5.5 million U.S. dollars…
So, here is a list of ‘Top ten most expensive domain names of all times’ which was auctioned and sold for the highest bid:
- Porn.com, Sold for 950 million US dollars – Pornography Site;
- Beer.com, Sold for 700 million US dollars – Entertainment website;
- Business.com, Sold for 750 million US dollars – Business, Financial news;
- Diamonds.com, Sold for 750 million US dollars – Jewelry;
- AsSeenOnTv.com, Sold for 500 million US dollars – Ecommerce;
- Insure.com, Price 16million US dollars – Insurance website, sells insurance;
- Sex.com, Sold for 14million US dollars;
- Fund.com, Sold for 10 million US dollars – Financial Website;
- Casino.com, Sold for 5.5 million US dollars – Online Casino Games;
- Toyes.com, Sold for 510 million US dollars – Toy sales;
Well, looks like all the best and most expensive domains are sold. Do you have a unique domain name? Share them with your comments below!