Extensions are now available for users of the beta version of the browser for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. The gallery contains more than 300 extensions on the homepage and you will find an overview of the most popular extensions.
Here are 10 different awesome Google Chrome Extensions below:
- Google Mail Checker: The most popular extension is currently Google Mail Checker that a button is placed on the toolbar that shows how many new messages there are. Thus, there is a Google Reader extension that shows how many new messages there are and an extension for Google Wave that shows the number of unread waves.
- RSS Subscription: Another useful extension is RSS Subscription. It placed an icon in the address bar as it happens with other browsers on a website once a RSS feed available. Then you can view the RSS feed and then possibly to an RSS reader.
- Shareaholic – Share Easier: Quick share web pages on Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, Facebook, Delicious and 80 other services.
- Chromed Bird: This extension puts a button on the toolbar and is specifically focused on Twitter. After installation you can post updates and answers, updates and follow short URLs.
- Google Translate: Quick translation websites by pressing a button. Also the extension automatically detects the language of a site different from the default language in Google Chrome.
- IE Tab: The extension does what the name suggests. By pressing the button located on the Internet Explorer toolbar is used to view websites that are not functioning properly in Google Chrome.
- Send Gmail from: Simple and convenient if you use Gmail. The extension shall Gmail as your default mail program. Furthermore there is a button for a quick message.
- Favorite Doodle: Place a Google logo on the homepage of choice for Google. With the extension you replace the default Google logo with your favorite doodle.
- Flash Block: Block Flash elements on websites. Press Ctrl + Shift + F for a permanent site to say that Flash should not be blocked.
- Chrome Clock: Place an analog clock on your toolbar. Go with your mouse on the clock stand the whole time plus the date shown.
Installing an extension is easy through the Install button that takes you on the details of an extension and then a popup screen will appear in to install the extension.
To delete you can go to the options menu and click on Extensions. You will see a list of all installed extensions; from there you can disable or delete the chrome extensions.
If you want to see the gallery, visit this: http://chrome.google.com/extensions.